Thursday, January 15, 2009

Bunny Hill BOM

I decided to try the Bunny Hill BOM. She is offering a free BOM each month and then the instructions for the borders and finishing. I thought it would be fun to try one and it is a great design. But, as you can see, I mutilated it, lol. It is crooked and my colors a bit dark and I forgot the last leaf, duh.

I wanted to use fabrics, it would have been nicer and I could have used better fabrics. But, I am lazy and those small pieces looked too much to needle turn, so I used wool. I think it would be better if I used a heavier weight backing or wool. My design might have been straighter;)

If you would like to try the BOM, you can go to the Bunny Hill Blog and download the pattern. She has also set up a flicker site for those participating. It is fun to see all of the blocks being made.


5 comments:

Jacque. said...

Despite what all you said, it's still very cute!

primitivebettys said...

It is very sweet, Debbie... make me smile! :)

Anonymous said...

I like it! The wool you chose for the basket is great, and the texture on the snowman is perfect! Wool is so much more forgiving and less trouble that turning under the edges. You are too critical of yourself! Stop expecting perfection all the time...just aim for it!

Penny @ Miss Pootsie's Primitives said...

I think it's darling! I do however have a question! What's a BOM???
Duh me! Penny

WoolenSails said...

A BOM is a Block of the month. It makes it so you can finish a quilt in a year by making one square a month.

Now if I can just finish the quilts that need quilting and borders;)

Debbie