I am always trying new things or new ways to do my designs and after seeing Betty's (Primitive Betty's) little pumpkins, I just had to try one. I loved punching it, I used dmc floss in orange shades and 6 strands. It is a little over 3" high and 3" wide. That was the easy part, then I had to figure out how to put it together. I made a few failed attempts and finally came up with a way to sew up to the edge, by using a thinner piece of wool and hand sewing that on first. By doing that, I was able to machine stitch the back and make it a little fatter for stuffing. The bottom is flat so it stands up on it's own. Of course now I will want to try a few more with different shapes and faces.
I wanted to add leaves to the top, so will think on that.
I also worked on a locker hooked piece. Yes, another thing to add to my list of things I do;) But, it is a mess and not something I would do alot of, maybe when I am bored and have excess fabric, but I find it harder to do then rug hooking and I cannot get the motifs or designs I would like without driving myself nuts.
Ten Quilts I Wish I'd Made
1 day ago