Saturday, September 27, 2008

Fall Penny Rug

I belong to a wonderful group called woolnrags on yahoo and we had a contest last month.
We had to make something with wool with a nature theme and use a piece of gold wool that was sent to us.
This is the creation I came up with. The squirrels are modeled after an antique cookie cutter shape.
I named the piece "Autumn Flames". When I cut the wool and laid the leaves down, it reminded me of the flaming colors on the trees and the golden flames of a fire. I won second place for this piece. First place went to a beautiful fireplace swag.

I am offering the piece on ebay this week, so if you would like to have this piece for your home, it is available.
You can find me on ebay under kitane or type in PRHG.
One of these days I will figure out how to do the html to give you a direct link.

2 comments:

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

An absolutely adorable rug. Hope you receive many bids!
:)Ginger

ShabbySheep said...

I love this piece. The colors are fabulous!!
Sheri